Setting a Ricoh Printer to use SNTP for Date/Time is as simple as 1-2-3.
How to set the (Simple Network Time Protocol) SNTP setting on a Ricoh Printer to fetch the correct time automatically:
Telling a Ricoh printer to fetch the correct time from the internet is very simple. In this example, I will use time-nw.nist.gov, which is run by Microsoft in Redmond, WA.
- First, access the Web Image Monitor interface from a browser, and then login.
- Enter your login credentials to gain access to the admin interface.
- Once you have successfully logged in you will be taken to the printer’s Home page under the ‘Status’ tab. To the left of the ‘Status’ tab, click on the ‘Configuration’ tab.
- The Configuration tab will open up a new page with multiple subsets of options. Look under the “Device Settings” subset to locate link for the “Date/Time” settings page.
- Click the link to go to the “Date/Time” settings page. On the page, you will see a vertical list of options & settings which can be adjusted. Look for the “SNTP Server Name:” option and place your desired SNTP Server in the designated field. For this example I will use the time-nw.nist.gov server which is operated by Microsoft in Redmond, WA.
- After inputting your chosen server in the desired field, click the “OK” button. After inputting your command, the Web Image Monitor will display a message, saying that the administrative settings will be unavailable while changes are being made.
- Wait approximately 30-45 seconds before clicking the “OK” button. You will now be returned to the Administrator’s settings page. Click the “Logout” button on the upper right hand side of the page.
- You have now successfully set your Ricoh printer to fetch the correct Date & Time from Microsoft’s servers in Redmond, WA.
To check to see if you configuration has taken effect, Click the ‘Configuration’ tab like before.
- Then click on the “Date/Time” link, same as before.
- You will now see that your changes have now taken effect, and your printer has synced its time with the specified SNTP server.
Congratulations. You have successfully set your Ricoh printer to fetch the correct date/time from the internet.